TALMAR is a 10-acre farm that develops therapeutic and vocational training programs, where people with disabilities and other special needs have opportunities to engage with the farm, foster a connection with nature and learn sustainable agriculture.
TALMAR serves as a living, growing, changing tool for our therapeutic programs. We interplant vegetables, cut flowers, herbs and grains as a means to teach sustainable agriculture, provide a changing and therapeutic environment, nurture the soil and encourage the healthy regeneration of soil and beneficial insects.
TALMAR is currently hiring for a PART-TIME Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. This position is on-site and is expected to work 25 hours (five days per week), with one day being Saturday. This person will be the first person most people meet at TALMAR, so it should be someone who believes in TALMAR’s mission and wants to be part of the organization as we grow.
Main duties include:
- recruiting and training volunteers to work with people with disabilities
- recruiting and training volunteers to work in the fields
- imparting the mission / vision / values of TALMAR with volunteers
- enthusiastically working alongside volunteers
- hosting and giving tours to small groups who visit the farm
- self-starter attitude
- positive outlook on life
- be organized and on-time
- empathy and kindness
- ability to move and do physical work on the farm
Compensation: $20/hr and accrued time off.
Hours: Five days per week 7:00am-12:00pm
Email cover letter and resume to Kate Joyce, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org