Year-round our trained horticultural therapists and assistant horticultural therapists work with groups from education institutes, schools, agencies, veterans communities, senior and adult facilities, clubs as well as clubs and residential groups and organizations. . Call us for more information at 410-825-2020 or email us at email@example.com
- For organizations, agencies, companies, clubs and individuals: cost per 10/wk session: $200/person including a Growing Wellness Kit
- For senior and adult care groups: cost per 10/wk session/$300 for up to 8 participants.
- For schools and nonprofits: cost per 10 wk session/$300 for up to 8 participants
- For schools veterans: Please refer to the Breaking New Ground program.
Horticultural Therapy has shown increases in individuals’ balance, endurance, memory and socialization skills.
Work-Skills Development has shown increases in individuals’ job prospects through TALMAR’s integration of repetitive tasks, planting seeds, watering and working outside where gardening can be accomplished by the use of adaptive modalities and tools.
Vocational Training is integrated into TALMAR’s programming to provide individuals with the understanding necessary for cultivating organic, field vegetables, and for flower production.
Our programs have resulted in a number of our students receiving work and employment in the following:
- Greenhouse Management
- Landscaping Maintenance
- Plant Propagation
- Soils & Fertilizers
- Plant Classification & Identification