Horticultural Therapy Program Leader
TALMAR is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to enhancing and improving health for people of all ages and abilities using horticulture and agriculture as a therapeutic medium. We provide work skill development, vocational training and horticultural therapy. We are located inside a 400 acre passive park in close proximity to Baltimore city, in Parkville, MD.
TALMAR seeks a Horticultural Therapy Program Leader, with a minimum of three years experience, to build our therapeutic program for individuals with special needs. This is a PART-TIME position to start, but can grow as demand requires. The position will be responsible for pivoting TALMAR’s horticultural therapy programs to adapt to the realities presented by COVID-19 program closures.
The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit and considerable experience working with individuals with special needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, special education, horticultural therapy, or related discipline preferred.
- create and deliver individually-tailored horticulture/garden based activities
- maintain daily records and individual portfolios
- assess the effectiveness of programming and adjust as necessary
- maintain program supplies and manage greenhouse stock plants
- recruit, train and schedule volunteers
- create partnerships with community agencies
- The candidate will work on TALMAR’s campus in Parkville and the Center for Maryland Agriculture and Farm Park in Hunt Valley. Both locations require the candidate to have his/her/their own transportation.
- Flexibility to schedule programs on weekends
Interested and qualified applicants should apply to TALMAR’s Executive Director via email at email@example.com.
Respectful of COVID precautions, the selection process will be:
- submission of cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- zoom or google meet interview with TALMAR
- confirmation of recommendations from previous employers, clients, or supervisors
- possible on-site meeting/ second interview
- selected candidate will be notified via phone call with follow-up email confirming start date. Candidates who are not offered the position will be notified via email.
- Candidates are required to pass a background check before accepting a formal offer of employment.
This is a part-time position earning $18/ hr. As the program grows, the position will transition to full-time at $37,500 annual salary. Part-time employees are not eligible for medical or retirement benefits, but do earn vacation and sick/ safe leave.
Veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and/or people who are LGBTQIA are encouraged to apply.
Position to begin immediately. This position is ineligible to work from home. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Subject: Horticultural Therapy Program leader